Anger and Anxiety

Woman And Man Sitting on Brown Wooden Bench

During my lifetime I have had many rows. I also witnessed a quite a few. We seem to be living in an era in which people get more angry all the time. Does that contribute to anything? Does it bring us any profits? Did the rows in my own life accomplish anything at all?

Quarrels with my beloved or my children always happen for a reason: I am tired or I am fearful. There are things I have to do but they frighten me as a result of me being either too tired or I just don't want to do those things because I think they are stupid or wrong. In fact, most of the time this is about things I do not want to do but I know I have to and so eventually I will do them because somebody wants me to undertake them. And that might be about anything, something useful or something abstract. I don't exactly mind doing these things if people can persuade me or if I can see the point. But sometimes I do not see the point and when that happens I get really angry. Things may get out of hand, I scream and yell. And afterwards trusting the other person is all of a sudden much harder. To assume someone's good intentions or admit that you yourself could possibly have been wrong, to show some compatibility. Things might get damaged beyond repair. For there's not enough love or trust. A row always leaves two people bruised, tired and sad. You have to recover, to reinstate your sense of safety. Come back to yourself, to regain the energy you need to be of any use to others. You need the energy for your own recovery. In order to be able to think again and be creative.

Nowadays a great many people are angry. Lots of people are scared. Numerous things are changing. Large groups of people are migrating because of war. Other people are moving as a result of insecurity or desperation, hunger or shortage of water.

We really need to make some changes. New sorts of energy, divergent methods of growing food crops. To accomplish that we will need each and everyone's talent and creativity. Stop the arguments and listen to each other. Mutual trust will increase our strength and power so much more than continuous fighting.

But first of all let's just stop fighting.


https://ezinearticles.com/?Anger-and-Anxiety&id=9579600

No comments:

Post a Comment