Name It What You Want


ALL THAT'S INVOLVED

The more we get soiled in negative acts, the harder it gets to admit the acts are bad. What I mean is, it is bad for anyone to gossip, but a person with a gossiping mother would not want to criticize gossips. Therefore I try as much as possible to write down and criticize a lot of bad acts in case I get attached to them and thus, get silenced.

"All I require is the courage to pick up my pen and continue from where I stopped... once I start writing, the words flow", LOL, that's what everyone says.

There are two ways to be the best- by surpassing others or by bringing others down. I go for the former.

There are two ways to know how good one is; in relation to those around you and in relation to who you were yesterday- I go for the latter.

Availability is better than ability. There are lots of people who could have been Mandela, but... yes, the 'but'; a lot of people have the ability and the 'buts', but not Mandela- he did the deed.

A book no matter how stupid, small, nonconstructive and unimpressive it may be, you should know it has taken a courageous hand and an indefatigable spirit.

Everyone claims to be good at writing, "once I start writing, the paper gets full... " but really, how many people can write? How does one distinct a bombast from a good author, a good book from that by 'hungry authors'?

I've always needed a push to do stuffs and I've always got enough; but as an adult? You have to motivate yourself...

Fehintola Oparinde, a cousin of mine, would say, "Either you're writing in a jotter or typing it straight out, just make sure you keep writing".

There was a point in my life when I had difficulty writing. I knew I could write and I was sure writing was all I wanted to do apart from playing games. Still, I couldn't write. I had a thousand and one original ideas I could write about but I just couldn't produce anything. With time, I subconsciously considered myself a writer, even though I wasn't writing anything. The day of reality came though and I realized if I counted my works, I wouldn't be proud enough as I haven't justified the talent I've always believed I had. So I decided I would write on everything worth writing, and the good thing I discovered was that everything was worth putting down. All emotions can be saved up via writing.

After deciding to start small, I discovered I had a lot to learn if I was going to move beyond writing articles and essays. And till today, the learning continues.

Life is funny, depends on your sense of humour though. Some things happen and you just sit and wonder, "Vanity indeed, all is vanity".

There are times when all that's needed is taking things slowly, everything would fall into place with time. Time, they say, heals everything.

I don't play the blame game but, it's just never my fault.

When you depict any trait of greatness, people get intimidated and hate you for no just cause. That's just the way of the world.

Your actions should match your pride, if you have any.


No comments:

Post a Comment