Learn How to Be Wealthy And Successful: Goal Setting


Today, in this lecture, you are going to learn how to be wealthy and successful through goal setting. There is a fire inside all of us, but to make it a raging inferno, you need to make some major changes in your life. This fire includes:

1. To become a better person.

2. To become rich and famous.

3. To become a great inventor.

4. To become a better parent.

5. To become a spiritual leader.

6. To become a scholar.

7. To become a better leader.

8. To become a better business person.

These are the fires that burn within us; they help us to become better people in our families and community, but you cannot make it a raging inferno unless you set goals that show clarity and purpose. I will discuss what I mean in the next couple of paragraphs.

Goals That Need Clarification

Each year, we set a resolution to change our way of life. It is really simple to sit down and write goals in our notebook or journals; some of these goals are:

I plan to lose weight or build muscle by the start of summer.
I want to become a better writer.
I plan to read the holy scriptures by the end of the month.
I want to become a better cook by the end of the week.
I am going to be a better parent by the end of the month.
I am going to memorize a song in 3 days.
I am going to play an instrument by the end of any month.
I am going to be better at my finances.
I am going to keep my house clean each day.
These are really good goals to write, but there is one problem, can anyone tell me what it is? Please type your responses in the comment section below this article. I am going to tell you; these goals are what I call "fuzzy goals," because they have no clarity to them. How are you going to become a better writer? What steps are you going to take to clean your house every day? What are you going to do to become a better parent? How are going to be a better business person?

What you need to do to clarify your goals is to break them down into steps, such as:

A. To keep my house clean each day:

Each morning when I wake up, make the beds and de-clutterize the bathrooms and bedrooms (simple cleaning).
Each evening, do a walk through of the main rooms, sweep the kitchen floor, wash the dishes, and take out the garbage.
Each day, do a major chore; for example, on Friday do the laundry and so forth.
Use this same format with all your goals so that you can easily do them without experiencing frustration and disappointments.

Have a Purpose When Setting Your Goals

Having no purpose when setting your goals is like firing a blank bullet, it will have no effect on anything. If it's your goal to become a better parent, have a picture of your family and remember the reasons why you are striving to become a better mom or dad. If you are striving to become a wealthy person, find something, an item or a picture, that will keep you motivated to work hard each day until you become financially secure.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Learn-How-to-Be-Wealthy-And-Successful:-Goal-Setting&id=9316862

No comments:

Post a Comment