5 Reasons Why You Must Find Some Alone Time Every Day


Do you spend some time alone everyday, without interacting with another human being or animal?
We have two types of people; those who love having time for themselves and those who fear being alone.
For me, and I guess for most people of the introvert type, time alone with oneself is the recipe for joy. Nothing can make me happier than the news that I have a whole day for myself, to do my reading, dreaming and writing.
I can never understand why someone might not want to spend time with oneself, much the same way that it might be hard for a person of the extrovert type to understand the joy that this alone time gives.
Yet, I believe that having some time alone with yourself everyday can be good for anybody, even for an extrovert.
Here are 5 reasons why:

1. You get to know yourself

It is in those moments with your own self that you get to know yourself best. When in the company of others, we are always wearing one or more of the hats that life makes us wear, be that of a husband, a father, a boss, a subordinate, a friend, a lover.
But when you are alone with yourself, you don’t have to wear any of those hats and can really get to meet the real you.
You’ll discover a whole lot more about yourself this way, which leads us to point no.2.

2. Being alone can bring clarity to your purpose.

As I said earlier, out with other people, you are always wearing one of those hats and playing out those roles. Even those who have thought about and found a purpose for their life often forget that in the daily role plays.
Some alone time can make you rise above the haze and give you clarity on what your purpose is. If you already have found one, it can help to remind you of it. This will help you re-assess your priorities and make the necessary changes to the direction in which your life is going.

3. You can get your creative juices flowing

More often than not, it is during those moments of being with yourself that your muse comes down to you.
That is when you get your best ideas, your best words and your best strokes of the brush.
Your muse is your personal genie and prefers to come down to you when you can give it all the attention.

4. You can find your way within

I believe that beyond all what the world tells us our goal in life should be, the ultimate goal of every human soul is to find the divine within.
And as anyone who does meditation will tell you, the way within starts with being alone for some time.
Find your own way within through meditation. Even if not for finding the divine in you, meditation can help you relieve all the stress, the pains and turbulence caused by living your daily life and can make you cheerful, and content.

5.Reading can be much more fun when alone

As a prolific reader myself, I do not necessarily need to be alone to read. I read whenever I can, wherever I am. Yet, I have found that reading can be best enjoyed when I’m alone.
Whether it is fiction or non-fiction, reading without the faintest concern for what is going around me is the deepest form of reading and that is when you really get into a sort of conversation with the author.
What is your idea of spending time alone? Do you enjoy it?

No comments:

Post a Comment