Why Your Why Is Important


"When your why is big enough, you will find your how."

Why Do You Do What You Do?

It is important to have a clear understanding of why you do things in life. Your understanding will make you realise how important is the reason behind your doing. You may find out that the thing that you're doing doesn't have a great reason or purpose behind it.

For instance, you may have a job that you consider to be decent. The thing is that you haven't really questioned why you are working in this job. Sure, it pays well, and you don't mind the work.

But there's something deep down telling you that this job is not who you are and that there is something greater for you to do. That is your why speaking to you. It is trying to get you to question whether there is a greater purpose for what you do.

Think about the important reasons for why you work other than earning money. Do you enjoy what you do? Are you passionate? Does it make a positive difference to people's lives? Are you able to enjoy more time outside of work with friends and family?

Having a greater purpose besides earning money to just 'survive' is so important. Once you are doing things with real purpose you will start enjoying your life and living it to the fullest. You will also be able to continue what you do in the long-run, even when the going gets tough.

Most people try to figure out how to do something, before they know why they are doing it. The 'how' comes naturally when the 'why' has been understood. Even if you don't know how something is done, as long as you know why you are doing it, you will eventually get there.

Your why is the motivation and the drive. It is the reason you won't give up and you will keep going until you achieve the things that you want.

A couple of years back, I remember when my parents didn't have the money to pay for a very expensive private college that they wanted me to attend. They didn't know at all how they would pay for it, all they knew is that I would have a better chance at graduating with high grades and a better career.

So they decided that I would attend the college. During my time at college, my parents started working harder, loans were taken and somehow we managed to pay for all the fees. If we didn't have a big why, I wouldn't have been able to continue with my studies.

Another example, is that of my Online Business that is solely run over the Internet, with the purpose to help people to earn a living through establishing their own online businesses.

The real reason for choosing this career path is that I am able to work under my own terms, choosing my own working hours and location. Furthermore is the opportunity I have of helping others to create their own online businesses and live a similar lifestyle as mine. This is my why. This is the reason why I enjoy it and continue to do it.

Remember to have clarity of your why with whatever it is that you do. It will make you realise the bigger purpose in your life, and it will be your motivation and drive.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Why-Your-Why-Is-Important&id=9459745

No comments:

Post a Comment