1. Anxiety - This is a big indicator of whether or not you are living your true purpose. Do you drive to work anxious about what's waiting for you at the office, or often worry if you've done a good enough job? Do you leave work carrying the stress of the day home with you? Have you opted for medication to calm your nerves? These are all signs that what you're doing is not serving you and are out of alignment with your purpose.
2. Fatigue - For me, a big sign that I am out of alignment with my purpose is fatigue. I begin hitting the snooze button several times each morning before finally getting out of bed and I need multiple cups of caffeine to get me through the work day. Then, come evening I can hardly make it to bed time without almost falling asleep on the couch. Yes, a job can be taxing, but when you love what you do you'll find that it actually energizes and motivates you to get out of bed in the morning.
3. Headaches - Are you one to not normally get headaches but you're finding that you keep getting one? Your body is one of your biggest indicators when things in your world aren't quite right. Check in with how you're physically feeling. If you find you're less likely to work out these days and more likely to pop some aspirin, you may want to reevaluate whether or not you're really living your purpose.
4. Sunday Blues - We've all had them. Sunday afternoon rolls around and instead of being #SundayFunday it's now become #Smonday - that moment you realize there's only so many hours left of the weekend and tomorrow you have to go back to work. If you're dreading heading into your job the night before, let's get real you're probably not living your purpose.
5. Financial Problems - Sure, there are many reasons you could be having financial problems, but one of them is that you're not operating in your purpose. If you are doing what your soul was created to do, something that utilizes your strengths and promotes a better version of yourself, it's not likely that you will be just scraping by. Every job I've taken that has been more in line with my purpose or supported me pursuing my purpose has financial sustained me as well.
For many of you these signs resonated with your current reality. If you no longer want to continue living a life that is holding you back from your true purpose, you must choose today to make a change. What small step can you take that will lead you in the direction of your dreams? Then tomorrow, take another step, and with each step you will begin getting closer to your purpose and further away from an unfulfilled life.