Steps towards Happiness begin with Awareness
The first step is to be conscious of your attention and your expression in the moment. You cannot change something you are not aware you are doing. This also takes the attention away from the descriptions in your mind of what you should be. Just by changing your attention you interrupt the pattern of rejection. To help you make the shift, ask these types of questions throughout the day. What am I expressing? What is my attitude? What emotion am I assigning in my voice? These questions will get your attention to your expression in the moment. They also shift your expression and point of view to one of investigation instead of letting the voice in your head express a story of rejection.
Being conscious of your expression is the first step in change. You cannot change something that you are not aware of. One reason why this step is effective is that being aware does not create the expression of self rejection.
The mind leads us in circles and illusions.
The mind's solution to stopping self rejection is to just stop it and act differently. But this again drives our mind to create an abstract self picture of being someone else. This approach feeds the self rejection for not having proficient the change yet. To avoid this trap start with consciousness of your expression and your attention. It allows you to better avoid the dangerous voice in your head and the self rejecting dynamic that it encourages. The activity of watching and curiosity is an expression that doesn't create rejection.
Happiness and joy are not certain because you achieve your self help goals. These are just games we put up in the mind to generate our expression of love and acceptance. It is your expression in the moment that determines the happiness and joy in your life. When you communicate love you are happy. When you express emotions of fear and anger you are unhappy. We have become trained in our life to express ourselves in reaction to outside events. Only when we break these conditioned emotional responses and deliberately choose our attitude will our happiness be guaranteed. Having awareness and direction over your expression is the key to assuring your happiness.
The key to create genuine happiness in your life is to communicate love. Since your expression of love is exclusively up to you, you already have the key to your own happiness. What remains is for you to determine what you do with your key.
The key to happiness and accomplishment in life does not come by achieving but rather is a result of how we express ourselves. When you express love and acceptance you are happy. When you express rejection and judgment you will be unhappy.
Self approval is the way out of self rejection
You do not have to transform what you are or what you have to be happy, but instead change the feelings you are expressing. If you are expressing anger then you will feel angry. If you express jealousy or guilt, then you will feel jealousy and guilt. If you are expressing love then you are probable to experience happiness and fulfillment. Think back to different times in your life and make a note of what you were expressing. We frequently connect feeling happy with who we were with what we had, or what we were doing. Those outside things were not making us happy. It was the love we were expressing at the time that satisfied us.
Happiness Quotes For You
- Look for something optimistic about this moment. Even if you have to look a slight harder than usual, it still exists.
- When you smile about the life you live, you end up living a life worth smiling about.
- keep in mind, social judgment is the thief of happiness. You could spend a lifetime worrying about what others have, but it would not get you anything.
- Happiness comes more easily when you feel good about yourself without feeling the need for anyone else's approval.
- Be nice to people on your way up because you might meet them again on your way back down.
- Set an example. Treat everyone with kindheartedness and respect, even those who are rude to you, not because they are nice, but because you are.
- Kindness is not to be mistaken for weakness, nor forgiveness for acceptance. It is about knowing resentment of any kind is not on the path to happiness.
- Give as much as you can, but do not allow yourself to be used. Listen to others strongly, but don't lose your own voice.
- Say what you need to say. Speak your truth. There is no greater sadness than holding on to the words you never had the courage to speak.