1. Recognizing - The most important thing is for us to recognize that there is a battle going on in our mind, in fact it is one of the biggest battles that we will ever have to overcome. The mind is powerful and can bring us true success but on the other hand it can bring us into great failure. Failure to recognize the battle already places you in defeat, so recognition of this battle is critical to our Victory!
2. Refuse to be a Slave - We must take control of our thoughts and refuse to be a slave to our ego who is in control of our mind. Refusing to be a slave is only a decision that each one of us can make in order to be free. The thing is we each do it in our own time. Our minds have us thinking that we are doing what is in our own best interest, when in fact there is most likely inner conflict within our spirits. All too often we fail to recognize the gut feelings or our inner knowing as we are too busy to figure out why we have them.
3. Make a Decision - When we decide to win we have decided that we are no longer going to be a slave to our own minds. We have made the decision to take control of our own lives and our minds. We have decided that nothing is going to get in our way and we have "The Eye of the TIGER" once again. We are ready to take back what is rightfully ours and we won't stop until we achieve it.
4. Stamina - This is when you get your stamina back, which is empowering you and increasing your motivation to succeed. You may have been to hell and back like me and you are going for it with relentless determination. You know that the reason you are not winning the battle is only because of you and no one else. So in a way you are determined to "Kick Your Own A__" into gear and stop procrastination once and for all.
5. Success - Everyone's definition of success is going to be different and everyone is going to go through their own lessons. The quicker we learn the lessons the sooner we find success. If we ignore the lessons we end up repeating the same mistakes over and over again until we get it. It is when you get tired of making mistakes that you look back on the struggles and wonder what you were supposed to learn and you embrace it.
The battle with your mind will stop when you decide to take control and loose all that you thought you knew about who you are and why you are here.