Living a Purposeful Retired Life Depends on Your Attitude (By a Retiree)

MY REFLECTIONS on a Purposeful Retired Life, to be used as YOUR OWN AFFIRMATION... if not, rewrite it and use it until your thoughts and attitude changes! Best Wishes!

As a retiree, When I view the world with a positive attitude, good things happen. I see more opportunity everywhere. I am blessed!

My door is half open. Because I see the door as half open, I believe it is opening instead of closing. This is my decision. Many view that door (and life opportunities) as closing, but I choose to see it opening instead.

I see many opportunities in life to help others, becoming purposeful in my retired world. I enjoy helping others, and that gives me purpose to my days.

Optimism is perception.

I begin to view life in this same manner.

  • My glass is half full, new friendships are beginning to take form, tasks are being completed, new adventures are just around the corner, and life is good.
  • Each day, I move closer to my retirement goals. I enjoy new challenges because obstacles are meant to be overcome. I help others with simple phone calls to find help for my retiree friends. I take the initiative to contact whomever is needed to find solutions to life challenges.

My perception, in turn, affects those around me. Instead of letting the door close, I hold it open for others. I encourage them to view opportunities in a new, positive light.

Every open door is an opportunity, regardless of how much it is open. I choose whether this door is meant for me, or someone else. I have control over my life to make such decisions - while continuing to help those around me.

Challenges are like doors. When I find myself in front of a closed door, I am certain that I can figure out how to open it. If the door is locked, I search for the key. Maybe I have the key. Sometimes, I need to ask others for the key. I do the work necessary to open that door.

Today, I perceive everything with a positive attitude. Each task, opportunity, or challenge is a door half open, and it is up to me to walk through.

As Nancy Sinatra said long ago: "These boots are made for walking... "

Self-Reflection Questions:


  • How do I overcome negative perceptions (both mine and those of others)?
  • Who inspires me to think positive?
  • How can I inspire others to be optimistic?


http://ezinearticles.com/?Living-a-Purposeful-Retired-Life-Depends-on-Your-Attitude&id=9205424

No comments:

Post a Comment