Possessing The Success Mindset



The Success Mindset | Decision

Although I strive to be positive most of the time, I am NOT a naturally optimistic person, nor am I a negative person. I think I am like most people. I believe the word that best describes me is reasonable. In fact, optimism is not something that comes naturally to many of us. The reality is, because of all the burdens and pressures of life, people have to decide to become optimistic OR they need to see an over-abundance of good things happen in the present moment to remain optimistic. So, in order to be optimistic about life, it really does come down to the simple choice of what we will focus on.

We can choose to focus on the burdens, or we can choose to focus on goals, blessings, aspirations, or any other positive aspect of our lives.

Motivational teacher Tony Robbins said, "More than anything else, I believe it is our decisions, not the conditions of our lives that determine our destiny." I could not agree more with him. There is great power in deciding what we will and will not do with the brief and precious moments of our lives. The problem with so many people is that they know what they want (or think they do) but rarely make the decision to take meaningful action to make their dreams a reality. Others make the wrong decisions because they buy the hype without conducting appropriate research. Most people seemingly choose to focus on the burdens. This practice can be devastating to our attitudes of success when we launch out to do anything new in our lives.

The Success Mindset | No Excuses

Many of us are defeated by one of the worst mental diseases of all time: EXCUSITIS!

Excusitis is the process of creating and voicing every conceivable excuse for why we cannot or should not move forward with an idea; even those ideas that will better our lives. Many of us tend to talk ourselves out of something even before we make any concerted effort. I used to be that way. Then I started reading some great books that motivated me to understand that our lives are not dress rehearsals and that this ONE PHYSICAL LIFE is it. If things are going to go the way I want them to go then I have to make the decision and take the necessary action(s) to make it happen.

Some of the books I read include

- the Bible

- Success God's Way

- The Search for Significance

- The Magic of Thinking Big

- See You at the Top

- Rich Dad Poor Dad

- How to Win Friends and Influence People.

I have read How to Win Friends and Influence People many times. There are many other books I have read as well. From this reading I have discovered there are some principles that NEVER FAIL if we actually DECIDE to live by them and not allow excuses to hold us back. I will be sharing more about this in future posts.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Possessing-The-Success-Mindset&id=9337005

No comments:

Post a Comment