You wake up early with every intention to get loads done today. You have a to do list that you prepared the night before and you're positive that you're going to have a super productive day! Then before you know it you're half way through your day and you haven't gotten anything done. It's frustrating, isn't it? Where the hell did the time go? I'm going to give you a chance to break that frustrating cycle and give you 10 of the BEST ways to maximize your time and get way more done everyday.
1. Stop checking your social medial news feed. This is a great way to get distracted. Not only will it take your focus away from your immediate task, it can throw of the rest of your day by putting negative, distracting thoughts in your head. I'm not saying that social media is bad, there's just a lot of stuff that can be. If you want to get more done, why take the chance?
2. Take on your least favourite task first. Doing this will take a lot of stress off your shoulders and allow you to be in a better state of mind once that task is completed. Don't waste all your energy thinking about that task your dreading. If you do it first thing, you'll have a lot more energy to be able to complete everything else faster.
3. Don't over-commit. Thinking about everything that you might be able to get done today can sound really good to yourself before it comes time to doing it. Make sure you're not overloading yourself and don't be afraid to say no sometimes. It's better to get less done then it is to do a very poor job at getting lot's done.
4. Control distractions. Turn off the e-mail and social media notifications, beeps and ringtones. If you work in a noisy work environment a set of ear plugs may even be a great idea.
5. Make decisions and take action. Don't procrastinate. It never pays off and next thing you know you'll have more stuff to do then you can possibly take on. When you make a decision to do something, take action.
6. Change your environment. Not only can working in the same place everyday become boring, it can completely burn you out after a while. If you can try a change of location. Even if it's only once a week.
7. Deal with every e-mail right away. When you read an e-mail and take action on it immediately after opening it. Don't spend your day thinking about what to say.
8. Eat healthy snacks. When you eat well, your body and mind will be at it's best. Don't load up on sweets for a short term fix. Having an apple, protein bar and some nuts around will help you stay productive.
9. Do one thing at a time. Our brains are not meant to be thinking of more than one thing at a time. Stay focused on each task at hand and always do your best!
10. Recharge. Most business owners would stay open 24/7 if they could and some do. It's important for us to enjoy our hobbies and spend time with the people we love. Be sure to be doing both of these as often to more done in day.
Were these helpful? There are others out there that could use this advice, feel free to share around and drop me a comment if you found this helpful!