There are qualities that we need to have in order to become successful. Most of us have them but seldom use them.
To some people change is a "dirty" word, but it is the lifeblood of our economy. If there was no innovation or change then we would be stuck in limbo and nobody wants that. Instead of seeing change in a negative light think of it as an opportunity, with each change there is an opportunity to do things better and earn income in the process. Take the Internet, imagine if we all had to still use dial-up, imagine if broadband did not exist! This change was not easy by any stretch of the imagination, but it is necessary so if you really want to be a successful entrepreneur then you have to embrace change, so why not start now.
Here are some keys to success that might be helpful in getting our goals and be successful.
1. Desire To Watch Others Succeed - The ultimate success is not how much money you have in the bank, but how many people you have helped succeed. When you enable people and help them reach their full potential it is one of the most gratifying feelings you can have. By giving back in this manner those people whom you have helped will continue this trend of helping others and society as a whole benefits. You will also benefit, the more successful these people are the more likely they will work with you in the future since they trust your judgement.
2. Exude Confidence And Joy With Every Person You Meet - People naturally gravitate towards individuals who appear to be confident and happy. If an individual doubts this claim we can use a fictional example, Santa Claus who is more joyful or confident than Father Christmas? He employees many elves and has tight production deadlines but he never lets that impact the way he deals with other people. By being confident, courteous and joyful people will want to work with you and help you.
3. Can Accept Failure And Learn From It - Everyone fails, whether you are learning how to ride a bicycle or start a billion dollar company there are going to be growing pains which may seem like failures to the untrained eye but these challenges force an individual to think on their feet and come up with solutions. The only failures in life happen when a person never tries or gives up trying, unless you fall into either one of those two categories you are not a failure. Learn from the obstacles life presents and you are going to get closer towards true success.
4. Constantly Talking About New Ideas - There is always a better way to do things, we just need to discover it. Entrepreneurs are constantly trying to come up with new ideas. One way to source for these ideas is by speaking with associates and even random strangers on the street. By getting feedback and insight from other individuals we can come up with new ideas. The adage "nothing ventured anything gained rings true when it comes to developing ideas."
5. Willingness To Share Information And Data - Everything you know is the culmination of information gathered from other people. When you went to school you benefitted from the knowledge of your teacher, other students and the books in front of you. Successful individuals know that they must share their knowledge. By collaborating with others new ideas and solutions can be formulated. No one has a monopoly over great ideas and any person who tries to restrict the flow of these ideas is truly stingy.
6. Has Goals For Both Their Professional And Personal Life - Setting business goals is something most of us will not have challenges doing but you need to come up with an exit plan. What are you going to do after you retire from the company? Some individuals want to work until they die but is that a recipe for happiness? The individuals who don't plan for their retirement are afraid of change. Once you have handed over the daily control of the company over to the next generation you need to come up with activities you find rewarding like charity work or giving back to society in some meaningful way.
7. Keep A Journal And Updates It Religiously - This journal will serve as a means of inspiration on days when it seems like everything is going wrong. It is also a living testament to your struggles as an entrepreneur. With each page you have become a better, more resilient person. Just imagine in 50, 100 years from now when your descendants read the journal and see how resourceful you were, it could motivate them to become entrepreneurs long after your eulogy has been read.
8. Takes Time To Smell The Roses - Everyone appreciates hard work but every person needs to take some time out to smell the roses in both a figurative and literal sense. If you are totally consumed with your work that it takes over your personal life then it could be a sign of poor time management skills. By taking some time out you will recharge your internal battery so you can tackle new challenges as they come up. This downtime is also critical when trying to form meaningful relationships with family, friends and colleagues. While chatting in the office is fine there is nothing quite like having time to yourself so be sure to schedule it each and every week.