It is said that the expression one wears on one's face is far more important than the clothes one wears on one's back. Being your best self is the best way to begin to own your life.
Here are 12 ways that will help you.
1. Have conversations with people you meet in everyday life. Be interested in them. People are far more interested in talking about themselves than they are in anything else. If you can get them talking about themselves they already like you and you can bet you met another friend.
2. Take time to tell people in your life how much you appreciate them. The #1 human need is to feel appreciated.
3. Get back to people right away. Even with texting. I know we all like to pretend that we have so much going on and were so busy. People will respect you more if you get back to them right away.
4. Be a good listener. Not only do we learn more by listening, people will be drawn to you more because it shows that you care.
5. Get up early and do your best to get your least favourite task done first. This will make the rest of your day a lot more fun.
6. Smile more. It is said that the expression one wears on ones face is far more important than the clothes one wears on ones back. People are drawn towards happy people.
7. Do something everyday that scares you. This includes things that you don't think that your capable of. When we challenge ourselves everyday we continue to grow and surprise ourselves. This will raise your self-confidence as well as your self-worth.
8. Try not to always be right. When we tell people they are wrong it's a confidence and arouses resentment. Even if you know your 100% right never say it. Always suggest another way of looking at things. this will avoid any type of argument and make the other person much more open to listening to you.
9. Right down the things that you are thankful for everyday in a journal. This will help keep you in a state of gratitude and the universe will give you more to be grateful for.
10. Find ways to help other people get what they want. Zig Ziglar said "we can have everything in life that we want if we will just help enough people get what they want." After hearing this I started to live my life this way. It's helped me build a very successful business of my own that's helped hundreds of people better their lives.
11. Don't make excuses and try your best not to complain. It's very easy to come up with excuses to justify why we won't do the things that we know we should. At the end of the day you can make money or you can make excuses but you can't make both.
12. Watch less t.v. and read more. If you read 10 pages a day you can read a 300 page book in a month. The best way to have a better life is by educating yourself. Knowledge is king.
Were these helpful? There are others out there that could use this advice, feel free to share around and drop me a comment if you found this helpful!