This Is My Choice Today

I opened my eyes. It is cold and it is dark still. Early morning during the winter is one of my less favorite times. It is cold, really cold. It is so warm and cozy in bed, to get out is a mission on its own. As I lie there thinking to myself. Thinking about the choice I have to make right at that very moment. The choice of getting up and writing to you, or I can just set my alarm clock for another hour and a half later and go back to sleep. After all it is winter and it is cold and who would know? Everyone else is sleeping warm, cozy and sound in their beds.

I am the only one crazy enough to get up at 4 am in the morning to write. I am the only one crazy enough to think that the extra time in the morning, before everyone starts to stir and before the sun start to rise for the day, that I will use this time to my advantage and make a difference. Not just a difference in my life but for my son as well. He deserves the very best I have to offer, and that includes me, the very best of me, the successful me.

As I sit and think about the choice I choose to make today, to rather get up earlier, using the extra time to push myself towards my goal. I think back over the past few years, and I realize how many times I have given up... How many times did I choose to sleep a little more, how many times I choose not to take action but rather to blame others for what happened to me, all the stuff that went wrong in my life. It was never me, never my fault. Always someone else's fault, everyone else did all these things to me, they caused every bit of discomfort and heartache, when in fact as I look back I know I caused everything myself. I made the wrong choices. I made the wrong choice every day.

Many things could have been so very different. Some of these make my heart ache when I think of them. How is it that I didn't think, how is it that I didn't know this before. How is it that I messed up my life so bad. Sometimes it still feels that I will never get it back again, any of the stuff I made myself loose. That I messed up my only chance of happiness. I know what I did wrong, I have forgiven myself. Sometimes the regret do come back, then I feel the hurt inside me. But I only let it linger for a little moment, not too long, just a short while. Just long enough to remind me of what it is that I never want to do to myself and to my family ever again. Real honest regret is one of the worst feelings to experience. The moment is over now, got to move on and change the feeling to one of hope and happiness. What's done is done. I can decide today to learn from the past thus making the future a better place.

Today is my choice, I can choose to get up and go, or I can choose to lie back and sleep some more, only dreaming of a better future, not actually doing something to change it. Today is my choice; I will decide what I want to do with the time I am given here. I decide to make a success; I decide to get up earlier and to use the extra time to do something great. I decide to do one great thing today, just one. One is a good start, one is already halfway to two, and two is already halfway to four, do you see where I am going with this? Make one good choice today, tomorrow make two and that is exactly how we grow and that is how we succeed.

Yesterday is gone, tomorrow may never come, but today is here, right here, right now. Today is my choice, just like today is your choice. Choose to make today the best of your life so far, choose to make today the first day of the rest of your amazing life. Then tomorrow you improve on today. You are the creator of the rest of your life right now. And if you really think about it, right now is in fact the only time that really counts, make it count then.

I should have made better choices before, I know. I also know it doesn't help me at all to dwell in the past and regret all the mistakes I've made. I know now to use these past mistakes to make a better today, thus creating a better future. I deserve success, I deserve love and I deserve money, loads of it all. I deserve all the stuff I chased away out of mere ignorance, stubbornness and the greatest of all selfishness. Never realizing I am the one who is creating my own masterpiece. I threw many of the good usable parts away, stupidity and ignorance. But today I see into the future and I see all these things for myself and a whole lot more in abundance.

Therefore I choose today to change my entire existence. To change what I keep and what I throw away. The universe is on my side, smiling down at me, proud of me and proud of my recent good choices. I can feel the universe changing and moving to my advantage. I have forgiven myself, the universe has forgiven me, my choices is made and now I can start to live life the way it was intended.

You and me, we have the same choice the moment we open our eyes in the morning. Right there, this moment is when you make the biggest choice of your life. Whether to get up and tackle this bull by the horns, or lie back and relax some more. My choice is to get up and give it the best shot that I can; then some more. Success is in that choice. You and me, we decide what to do with the time we are given.

Decide what it is that you want, then believe you can have it, believe that you deserve it, believe it is possible, then take action together with your decision. You are a strong amazing wonderful person, just decide and make your world the best place it can possible be. I can, I will, and so can you.

http://ezinearticles.com/?This-Is-My-Choice-Today&id=9450072

No comments:

Post a Comment