How to Stay Productive and Get Loads of Work Done



How are you going to stay productive in the most boring and slow of times?

Many times at age 16 did I once sit on the couch with my friends watching the latest episode of Game of Thrones just hoping that I will become a millionaire by putting just a few hours of work in a day.

I hated work. Work was the one thing in life that I wanted to get away from.

One day, however, life struck me. I had made a goal to have $1,000 in my checking account within a one-week period, and I didn't reach it. I sat on the couch doing nothing about achieving my goals. My bank had -$4 in it because I spent my money on snacks and items of instant gratification.

Had I stuck with my plan to get my business going rather than watch TV, I would have attained my $1,000 goal.

Here is how to stay productive in tough situations:

1. Go to Work

You know that feeling you get when you first awake in the morning, where you're groggy as hell and want to stay in bed? That's the first battle you need to fight throughout the day.

Fight the urges of wanting comfort so you can feel an unbelievable amount of comfort in the future!

2. Get Started

The most difficult battle to fight during your day is simply getting started with work. It's hard to start a task if it's puzzling or requires a lot of energy.

But, just doing the smallest piece of that straining task will relieve some of the pressure.

The key to progressing past this situation is to use momentum as an advantage to your side of the battle.

3. Automate Repetitive Tasks

Personally, I have a lot of tasks to do throughout the day which require me to do the same thing over and over and over again. To make it easier, I use cool programs like Automator on the Mac for organizing my computer files or other technology I can use to make the tasks in my day more convenient for my time schedule.

We live in a day and age where we shouldn't have to worry about the small, almost-annoying jobs that haunt our productivity.

4. Be Personally Accountable

Accountability is the best skill an individual can master in their lifetime because it strengthens bonds with those closest to you, and, if you're personally accountable, actions which require large amounts of focus will become easier to perform. When you're personally accountable, good habits are created, providing profit to you for long term success.

Keep yourself to your own word. Accomplish your goals with zero laziness.

5. Set Daily Goals to Accomplish

What are your dreams? Do you want to own a mansion in the future, or a Lamborghini sports car? Write down everything you know you want with a particular dream and figure the price it's going to take to reach that dream.

Create daily goals which will help you to reach benchmarks. Once you've reached a certain number of benchmarks over a period of time, you will have achieved a dream.

If you stay persistent and consistent with accomplishing your goals, you're going to reach your dreams at a quick pace. If you don't stay consistent at least, you're going to lose sight of your dreams.

6. Avoid Distractions

Ask any self-made successful person how they got to where they are, and they are most likely going to tell you to stay focused. Work with focus and take control of the environment around you because the people around you want something different for you than you do, and different is bad.

Look at the work you need to get done each day like it's a battle. Fight the distracting urges and become victorious with your achievements.

Two tips of advice regarding making it easier to avoid distractions:

Go somewhere peacefully different. Get your mind off the environment you usually spend your time in to relieve your mind of stress and regain focus on work.

Avoid social media. I did an experiment with my daily productivity where I uninstalled social media from my phone and logged out of social media on my computer. The amount of productivity I had went from only eight hours a day of work and thinking about my life to eighteen hours of work and life strategizing (actually creating plans and back-up plans). I was producing three times as much as I was when social media was available.

7. Develop Passion for What You Do

If you do the work you do for the money rather than for what you love to do, you're going to produce some at first, but, over the long-term, you're going to crash. Experiment until you find something you love more than anything else.

I love writing. I will be writing for the rest of my life not because I can make crazy amount of money from it but because it's fun to me. My heart beats faster and my brain just goes crazy excited whenever I write or create a story. Find what you love and pursue with your full heart. Life becomes more fulfilling when you use what you love to do to give back to the people you love.

Use these 7 methods above and you'll accomplish more than ever before. Stay focused and know that even in bad times or when you've reached rock bottom, you'll have knowledge of how to stay focused on what you love rather than sitting on the couch.

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Stay-Productive-and-Get-Loads-of-Work-Done&id=9428356

No comments:

Post a Comment