Eat, Sleep, Internet - The Procrastination Spell

Eat. Sleep. Internet - a deadly combination! These equally essential things can sometimes dominate our days, making sure we don't do anything other than the above three. The combination of the these three things is all that is needed to cast a deadly spell on almost everyone. A spell which is known as Procrastination!

Have you ever been stuck in a situation where you desperately need to be productive and need to get work done but yet you can't seem to get off your phone or laptop? Whether you have a busy day coming tomorrow, stuff you need to get done or even a test to study for? Sleep, food and the Internet seem just too tempting. Well, I've been there before. There has been countless times where I've fallen victim to this spell.

So, what did I do to solve it?

I tried my best to get most of the stuff I needed to do on my laptop or phone. That way, I'll have to be forced to get started on my work whenever I go online. I try to get notes to read on my phone so that I can even study at random places if needed. It's also a great way to avoid awkward situations while doing something beneficial.

When it comes to stuff like writing articles and blogs, it's harder to type out everything on my phone. Instead, I take down ideas and work on it when I'm free. As for the other stuff, that I can't do online, I try to take small steps to getting around to do them.

For example, if you're stuck in a habit pattern where you barely spend time on your work outside of your laptop screen, then changing things straight away is not an advisable option, at all. Contrary to popular believe, you can't suddenly change, even if it is a good change that's gonna help you out in the long run. Changing too fast is seriously going to cause a major traffic jam to your system.

When you are constantly procrastinating, you plant a seed in your mind, and this seed, just like any regular seed is going to grow into a huge tree if you don't stop it. So now that you've been procrastinating for a while and you suddenly try to stop, you're basically trying to cut down a huge oak tree with a pen-knife. And in case you haven't noticed, that's not a good idea.

So, what's the solution? I know, I know, everyone says the same thing. Change slowly, try being productive for five minutes, then ten minutes and slowly increase it. You've probably heard it before, but it's kinda true. Personally, when I first heard this, I didn't change at all. It took me a really long time to even think about taking a five-minute break from procrastinating; which at that time was my main event of the day.

So here's what I did, I started working with a group of people who were decently focused on getting their stuff done. Slowly, their productive vibes started getting to me. Without even realising it, I started getting more and more productive!

You may be wondering how this all works? It may not seem likely that the people around you could impact you so much. Well, it is possible, you see, as per the Law of Vibration and Attraction.

So that's how I managed to break the spell of procrastination that I was stuck in. Now it's your turn to start being productive, so get off the Internet and go do something useful!

http://ezinearticles.com/?Eat,-Sleep,-Internet---The-Procrastination-Spell&id=9321218

No comments:

Post a Comment