Your experiences are shaped by your thinking. Even obstacles have a value when you can see it. You can develop convictions that will help you to feel happier and achieve more, regardless of the situation. Consider these empowering beliefs that you can start using today to transform your life through the power of positive thinking.
Empowering Actions That Will Make You Happy
1. Understand your potential. You can achieve amazing results when you put your mind to it. Feel excited about reaching your true potential.
2. Count your blessings. List each thing that you have to be grateful for. Remember to include the smaller items, like warm socks or tart cranberries. Expressing your appreciation reminds you of how rich you are.
3. Live to learn from your mistakes. You can make setbacks work for you by focusing on the lessons that they contain. Flubbing one job interview can teach you how to ace the next one.
4. Always find meaning in adversity. Tough times can be the most rewarding phase of one's life. Know that you can emerge from any challenge with greater wisdom and courage. Look back at the obstacles you've already overcome, and reassure yourself that you can handle what's ahead.
5. Embrace change and remain focused. Accept that life is a series of changes. Focus on the present moment, and prepare yourself to adapt to whatever circumstances that come your way.
6. Dream big and follow-up. Expand your wish list. Setting demanding but attainable goals gives you adventures to look forward to each day.
7. Practice forgiveness. Lighten your load by clearing away any resentment you're holding onto from the past. Set reasonable boundaries while you respond with compassion when others disappoint you. Forgive yourself of past mistakes.
8. Be kind and give generously. Sharing your blessings makes you more powerful and joyful. Volunteer in your community and speak kindly to each person you meet every day of your life. Take your co-workers for tea break or give your sub-ordinate a gift.
Empowering Actions That Will Make You Grow
1. Take responsibility for your actions. You are in charge of your life. Hold yourself accountable for the outcomes you create. Celebrate the fact that you have the power to determine your own future.
2. Apply effort and don't look back. Figure out your definition of success so you know what is worth working for. Give yourself credit when you're making progress rather than comparing yourself to others.
3. Leverage your strengths. You have your own individual strengths that you can draw on. Figure out what you're good at and what you want to do. And let that knowledge guide your choices.
4. Always listen to feedback. Learn to ask for feedback so you can enhance your performance and show others that you respect their point of view. You can grow faster when you gather solid input that you can translate into action.
5. Ask for help when need arises. Expand your capabilities by building a sturdy support network. Carpool with other parents. Divide up household chores with your spouse and children.
6. Network with others. Moral support counts too. Surround yourself with loving and encouraging family, co-workers and friends. Participate actively in your faith community. Join a club with members who share your interest in business or sport.
7. Recognize opportunities. Stay alert for promising openings. You may meet a new friend while you're standing in line to buy your morning coffee and that might be the turning point of your journey to success.
8. Try new things. Be open to experimentation. Go Skiing one weekend instead of playing tennis. Bake your own bread or knit a scarf. You may discover hidden talents. An upbeat attitude increases your happiness and productivity. Question your old assumptions so you can replace them with a new sense of certainty about yourself and your future. Adopt empowering actions that build up your confidence and prepare you for greater success.
Start today. You'll be glad you did! Good luck!!