Do you suffer from inferiority complex? Do you constantly compare yourself with others? If you answered yes to any or both of the questions, you probably need a boost of self esteem badly. This article focuses on thoughts and principles about how to raise your self esteem to a high level in the best possible ways. Read on to find out.
You may attain good self-esteem in one or more of the following ways:
- People consider you to be important and heed what you have to say.
- People are warm-hearted and courteous while involved in conversations with you.
- People behave well with you and give you compliments from the heart that you treasure.
- Your boss gives you credit for a job well done and even gives you a raise.
- You have accomplished an important goal for example, writing a book in your favorite niche, and it has become a bestseller on Amazon.
- You find ways to escape your rut and start to excel in ways you never thought you could.
- People love you dearly at home and work and are always kind and honest with you.
The list can go on.
If one or more of the above ways give you self esteem, that's well and good but it becomes kind of fictitious. People will backbite, backstab and gossip behind your back. Yet there are more good people than bad on this mighty planet.
In order for you to attain self esteem in ways I have mentioned, you must do/behave the same way with others as you would like them to treat you. There is no better principle than that. Consider the following thoughts:
You can have everything in life you want if you just help enough other people get what they want.
In the end, the extent of our own success will be measured by the accomplishments that we have helped create in others.
How true! Life is not only about you and your accomplishments. How you help others and touch other lives is much more important so that you can make a difference that you lived at all. This kind of attitude helps you earn the best self esteem because you cannot help others without helping yourself.
On the other hand, you do NOT have to be a people pleaser and constantly worry about what others think about you. You abide by your own values, opinions and principles. And above all, you are what you think you are. If you can train yourself to go by this principle, no matter how your life is at the moment, you actually become a champion with a whole lot of self esteem. Additionally, always remember that no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
All the thoughts and principles I have mentioned in this article are priceless. So why not abide by them? You become richer and more jubilant and fall into the rhythm of life with a more heightened self esteem than you could ever imagine!