Confidence gives you the power to conquer the world. It separates the fearful from the successful. Confident people face their fears and tend to be risk-takers. They live life in a positive light and are satisfied with the world around them.
Wouldn't it be amazing to live life this way? Guess what? You can. Try some of the tips listed below. Practice them daily. Over time, your self-confidence will become higher than you ever thought it could be. You will be able to overcome your fears, pursue your dreams, and sing at the next karaoke night.
Here is a list of 10 powerful ways to boost your self-confidence:
1. Think positive. The human brain has a tendency to think more negatively, it takes a conscious effort to be more positive. Either you can rule your mind or you can let it rule you -become aware of your negative self-talk. The thoughts you have about yourself are very powerful. Think about all of the amazing qualities you have instead.
2. Take care of yourself. Confidence not only comes from how you feel on the inside, but how you feel on the outside as well. Shower, spend some extra time curling your hair and wear a great outfit. And if you're a guy, then well, shave. Doing these little things will make you feel more successful and ready to tackle the world.
3. Get prepared. Whether your day is filled with meetings or exams, get prepared for them. Do the research needed for that important meeting and study hard for the exam. It's hard to be confident if you don't think you'll do well
4. Exercise. Truth is, "exercise gives you endorphins and endorphins make you happy", said by the truly confident, Elle Woods. Not only will you feel better, but you will look better. All you have to do is walk a few times a week. Create a habit and get active.
5. Set a small goal and achieve it. People often set a big goal then get discouraged when they fail. Shoot for something more achievable. You'll get a boost of confidence and be more likely to tackle the next small goal. Like a domino effect, you'll eventually reach your big goal with ease.
6. Be grateful. Being grateful is a very positive and rewarding activity. It puts your mind in a positive light and can be extremely humbling. Make a gratitude list and add to it daily. You will begin to realize all of the great opportunities you have in life and awesome qualities you possess.
7. Be kind and generous. Being kind and generous with your time is a great way to improve your self-image. Hold the door for a stranger or buy someone a coffee. It will not only improve your relationships but make you feel better, trust us.
8. Volunteer. Make the lives of others better by volunteering; in return your life will better. Could you find the time to feed the homeless, pitch in at church, or start a nonprofit?
9. Get out of your comfort zone. When you do things that make you feel a little uncomfortable, your comfort zone gets bigger and your confidence rises. You will grow as a person and learn to experience new things.
10. Keep a list of your awesomeness handy. Sit down and create a list of all of your awesome qualities. Are you smart, organized, creative, or modest? Write down your achievements. Revisit the list daily or whenever you're feeling discouraged.
Applying some of these daily can help you overcome limitations and push you to achieve your biggest goals. Feeling more confident is a necessary part of living a happier, more fulfilling life.