What's Perfect About This? (By Kathryn Corbin)


Image result for feeling joy

I can tell you it didn't immediately feel wonderful when my internet went down. Again! After I'd already had three service techs come out in one week [including one appointment that lasted more than 3 hours], each one assuring me I would have no more issues. It didn't immediately feel wonderful. In fact, my stomach was in knots and I felt awful.

But the thing is I can't stand to feel awful anymore. It's just not OK anymore.

So I did what I coach my clients to do - Step back and ask: "What's perfect about this?"

Determined to feel better, I breathed, chanted and sincerely asked "What IS perfect about this situation I do not like?" In addition to sweet relief, I got these answers:

*I can practice Feeling Good No Matter What.

This is the muscle I most want to strengthen. I want to be the kind of Conscious Creator who can notice something unwanted and immediately DECIDE to be OK. Feeling good inside is SO much more important to me than external conditions.

*I can remember I am never required to feel bad.

There is NO situation that requires me to sit in prolonged suffering. The first thing to remember when something unwanted happens is that I have a choice in how to respond. I am the decision maker for my life and I get to choose!

*I can practice rising above unwanted circumstances.

It feels good to take my power back and shift my focus. It feels good to know I have the ability to raise my vibration and feel good regardless of conditions.

*I can appreciate what I DO have and what IS working well.

Appreciation is always helpful in climbing back up the emotional scale.

*I can remember that feeling good is the most important thing.

My desire to feel good is the reason I want the reliable internet service or any other condition anyway.

I get it. Sometimes expecting ourselves to find something perfect in truly dire circumstances is a stretch. At those times, a softer question such as, "What wonderful thing will come of this?" might be easier. We can all remember unwanted situations that turned into something truly valuable.

Another good question to ask and answer is, "How can I feel good even under these conditions?" [A takeaway from my first Abraham-Hicks workshop, May 2005 in Asheville, NC.]

What's perfect about this?

What wonderful thing will come of this?

How can I feel good even under these conditions?

These questions enable me to quickly find my way back to feeling good no matter what.

Everything that happens is a gift bearing the opportunity for higher levels of joy and empowerment within. I accept that I simply can't expand without real world opportunities in which to practice.

Each time I choose to feel good no matter what, I raise my dominant vibration - which makes it quicker and easier to find my way back when contrast brings its next gift.

Each time I choose to protect my vibration as my most precious treasure,life becomes more fun and more joyful.

As Abraham reminds us: "If you had one goal, and that was to feel good, you would never again need to hear another word from anyone. You would live successfully and happily and in a way of fulfilling your life's purpose ever after."

http://ezinearticles.com/?Whats-Perfect-About-This?&id=9468320

No comments:

Post a Comment