Our Greatest Source of Strength (By Rosemarie Sumalinog Gonzales)

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. This is achieved when you go through hardships and decide not to surrender. Even if I find it very difficult to raise my kids financially but I am still very happy because all my hard works and patience paid off. All my efforts are worth it. Kids achieve much in their own little way.

I think it's my personality to overcome things, learn from them and become stronger, both personally and professionally. To be honest, I welcome those hardships no matter how difficult. I like to do challenging tasks because it makes me braver in life. My perception of hardships is completely different from others. I'm not whining and moaning because of the hurdles I have in my life. The hardships that I encountered in the past help me succeed in every endeavor I take because whatever hardships there have been in my life I am still privileged because I am not afraid of what I do. I love my work very much. It is very challenging and mind-breaking but very satisfying since I love to explore the unknown. I love to do qualitative studies through grounded theories and case studies. The feeling is totally different when you know that you are able to formulate a theory out of the many concepts given to you by your subjects.

The reason why I become braver were the past experiences that I had in life. My willingness to compromise for the sake of my kids did no good to me. There was once in my life that I read in my daily horoscope that if I want to succeed, I need to stay away from people who only want my downfall. Life might be so hard but it becomes harder when you are with people eaten by negativity.

Not that I blame others for my wrong decisions. I accept full responsibility to the consequence of my actions.It just happened that when you realized that history keeps on repeating itself, you are not learning at all.

I am really considerate. But sometimes, this trait becomes my weakness instead of my strength because it seems that people are taking advantage of it. There were even times that even if I am hurt, I still forgive because I am hoping that maybe CHANGE is coming.

What a wrong notion! Change begins in ourselves, not in others. We need to infuse life with action. WE HAVE TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!

This article is about how we can turn our hardships into our strength. Positive traits can also be our weakness but it does not mean that we cannot overcome this because life is what we make it.


http://ezinearticles.com/?Our-Greatest-Source-of-Strength&id=9625986

No comments:

Post a Comment