How to Create Perfection Out of Your Imperfections (By Rosina S Khan)

I remember when my Dad wanted us to change schools that would prepare us well for O-levels under the University of London. So what were the imperfections I had to perfect? How would this article help anybody to do that? Read on to find out.

I was in grade 9 and wanted to be admitted into that very grade in a good standard English medium school.

Dad figured out locating a good English medium school. We had to give admission tests before we got admitted. When that day arrived, my sisters and I were stuck in a big traffic jam so that Dad couldn't proceed on the way in our car.

We were already twenty minutes late when we arrived at the desired location.

Now this school really emphasized on English. After we were given the question papers, my sister who was trying to get into grade 8 chose an essay on "Your Favorite Book" while I chose the topic, "Books and Reading".

The big blow came in at the end of the test while we were waiting for the results. My sister and I were both given chits of paper that read grade 8. I was a bit confused. But I soon realized that I didn't make it into grade 9.

According to the teachers there, my essay did not have flow and coherence as my sister's did.

I got so bogged down that I cried all the way back and for the rest of the day into the night. I wept into the night falling asleep.

Seeing my condition, my father decided to admit us to another school where we wouldn't require admission tests and I promptly got into grade 9.

I struggled with the English course all along. Sometimes the essays I wrote were good and sometimes not so good. This way I ended up with a "C" in the English course in my O-levels. On the other hand, my sister got a prompt "A" when she appeared in her O-levels.

So you see I was imperfect in the English language. When I went to the university, I worked really hard and tried to find every possible way to excel in the English language. And I made it. I got an "A".

Then as the years went by, I had to write CV's, Statement of Purpose and other documents that required skills in English when I applied abroad. I also had to appear in TOEFL in which I excelled.

Fast forward to the present, I can write effortlessly in English now. It takes me only several minutes to write articles or plot a story or write the skeleton of a self-help eBook on a topic that speaks to me.

The child in me that wept in those early years because of her imperfection in the English language has finally won. She is happy with the progress and milestones she has covered.

This way with the required effort, perseverance and determination any person can master perfection out of their imperfections. I am a living example of that. So when I say it is possible, I mean it really is.

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Create-Perfection-Out-of-Your-Imperfections&id=9678753

No comments:

Post a Comment