You may not get people the first time you meet them. Nevertheless understanding them could help you find a great friend in them. What more, they could be influential people as well and you could use their help in your endeavors. So what are the tricks to understand people better? Read on to find out.
Here are some tips:
1) Most people want to be heard. They have great stories inside them which they want to express. They are willing to share their woes and accomplishments. Give them an attentive ear and listen to them with enthusiasm. It can help you to understand their line of interests and what they think about the most and how they get along with life. Cheer with them for their accomplishments and be sympathetic about their woes. Say a few words of encouragement and soothe them down.
2) It may seem weird to you while communicating with people why they chose a certain path in their life when they could have gone better ways. Try to be in their shoes and look from their point of view and decide if under the same circumstances you would have taken similar actions as they did. Most likely, this way you get to understand them better, how their mind works and how they make life choices.
3) Some people won't talk much during a conversation. Open them up by asking relevant questions. Show eagerness for their answers and encourage them to talk and help them reveal what they want to about their lives. That way too you get to understand quiet and non-talkative people because the answers they give help you to read their minds.
4) You won't understand everything about people on the first time round. If you really liked some of them and would like to continue communication with them, get their contact numbers and addresses, meet them and spend quality time with them. You will gradually begin to understand what they really like or dislike about anything for example, weather, clothes, food, politics, movies, novels, places and the list goes on.
5) While you continue to communicate with the people you have decided, understand if you share common interests and are like-minded. Because like attracts like. You may find a great friend in them which you have never imagined before. In case you don't find much in common with them, gradually cut them off from your life.
Summing up, those are some of the ways you get to understand people better and as I mentioned before they could not only be great friends but also influential people, helping you in your endeavors.