6 Tips To Fake Self-Confidence When You Have None (Told by a woman)


So many women suffer from a lack of self-confidence because of what society deems as beauty. I am one of those women. I have an idea of beautiful and in my eyes, I'm not it. I am constantly looking in the mirror wishing my nose was smaller or my hair was different instead of embracing the beauty of my uniqueness. I'm really trying to work on it because I want my daughters to grow up to be confident women. I don't want them to grow up scrutinizing every "flaw" they think they see. They are unique and beautiful and there is no one in the world exactly like them.

"In a world full of social media, we tend to let others decide our self-worth based on the number of likes on our selfies."

No matter how insecure you are, you can come across as confident while you work on your self-confidence. Here are my budget-friendly tips to appear more self-confident, even when you aren't.

6 Tips To Fake Self-Confidence Even When You Have None

Hold Your Head High

First and foremost, NEVER look down at your feet when you walk. Hold your head high and make eye contact when you walk by someone. I still find myself looking down sometimes when a 

person walks by me and I have to remind myself to "look up". Give them a smile or ask them how they are doing, but don't look down at your feet when you walk by someone.

Put On Your Favorite Outfit

We all have that ONE outfit that makes us feel good. It doesn't have to be a cocktail dress. It could be your favorite pair of jeans that fit just right after many years of wear or it could be a top that is your favorite color and makes your eyes pop. Either way, we feel better about ourselves when we are wearing something we feel good in.

Create A "SEXY" Playlist

Am I the only one who has that certain song that makes me feel sexy?? Create a playlist! I have a playlist titled Sexy and it is FULL of songs that make me feel like a sexy woman! It completely changes my mindset and makes me want to strut my stuff! It is a quick confidence boost when I need it and I can hit repeat as many times as I need to!

Shave Your Legs

There is just something about freshly shaved legs that make me feel good about myself. It makes me feel more womanly when my legs are smooth and freshly shaven. Even in the winter, I try to shave regularly. I know I will be wearing pants in the winter so no one will see, but self-confidence is about what you think of yourself, not what others think.

Put On Lip Gloss

On the way to work, I try to remember to put on some lip gloss. When I wear lip gloss, I just feel more put together, no matter what I am wearing. When I feel more put together, I feel more confident about myself. Just reapply as necessary!

Unmentionables

What you wear underneath your clothes may not be seen by others, but you know it is there. "Granny panties" may be comfortable (and yes I am known to wear them at night), but they probably won't do much for a confidence boost. A nice bra and pair of panties, matching set or not, can really increase your confidence! It is like you have a secret that no one else knows and we all LOVE to be part of a secret!

Everyone is different and has their own ways of boosting or showing self-confidence. When you are comfortable in your own skin it shows in your body language. Of course there are many other tips such as going out and buying a new outfit or getting your hair done, but these tips are things you can do everyday that don't require you to go out and spend money. Fake it until you make it!

"You are not defined by the number of likes on your selfie."

http://ezinearticles.com/?6-Tips-To-Fake-Self-Confidence-When-You-Have-None&id=9329813

No comments:

Post a Comment