Have you ever experienced the difference between life flowing, everything lending itself to more, and life stuck in the mud with every move being a chore? Having synergy in your life is that great energy when all the pieces come together, compliment each other and the next steps happen easily and effortlessly. Here are a few basic points to get your life flowing...
1. Plug in. Identify what gives you ENERGY in your life. Make a list of at least 5 things that give you energy. What do you love to do? To what do you find yourself naturally attracted? Know what these are, because they are your fuel and keep you charged.
2. Clean house. What is the clutter that is slowing you down? What are you tolerating? What are the cobwebs and dust that cloud your understanding of life? Make a list of everything you can think of and then challenge yourself to make it a priority to take care of the items, one at a time. You will notice taking time to handle what you were putting off will actually give you more energy and space to do the things that are really important in life.
3. Be authentic. Get in-line with your HEART & SOUL; the part that authentically represents you. Who you are. What you stand for. Your purpose for being on earth. The gifts you have to share. List these key passions (characteristics, traits, natural God-given gifts/talents that you want to share with the world).
4. Live your values. What is important to you about life? What is important to you about living? These are the things that if you honor them in your life, everything is good. If you are not honoring them, you may get out of rhythm, anxious, frustrated, upset, etc. What are your true values? Start with listing your values and then select the top ten, and then from those, the top four. Are you living a life that supports your top four values?
5. See the vision. Establish your personal VISION. Where do you hope to be in 5 years? What do you hope is read in your obituary? You have one life to live. What are you going to do with it?
6. Plan a direction. How are you going to get there? What do you need to do to make that vision a reality? List and prioritize the main steps and then break each major point into clear baby steps.
7. Aim precisely. With your direction in mind, define your FOCUS for accomplishing the first major step. Visualize your target. See the process and evaluate the baby steps to make sure they are measurable. Put in a timeline to help hold yourself accountable and to stay on track.
8. Cultivate change. Evaluate your current position. Assess what is working? What changes and shifts would serve you better? Identify any obstacles or things that may be distracting you from your vision/focus. Make a plan for how you will address the distractions. Make sure your environment supports your plan.
9. Make it happen. Do something. Commit to the plan and take action. Tell others about it. Be held accountable. Every day take a step toward the goal. Stop and measure weekly.
10. Affirm daily. Make habits that reinforce the ideas and habits you want to cultivate in your life. Whatever you need to be most reminded of and encouraged to focus on, write it and post it where you will see it. (Tape the statement to your mirror, on the dash of your car, etc.) Make a routine to read these so they become part of your subconscious memory. Feel the success and joy of each step and celebrate them as your forge toward your dreams and goals!
BE ENCOURAGED, INSPIRED & EQUIPPED AS YOU REFLECT, ASSESS & DESIGN YOUR WORK & LEADERSHIP!