How To Boost Your Brain Energy



Do you have a health and fitness philosophy? Do you know why you are training your body and exercising? Have you ever thought about the emotional reasons behind why you want to stay fit, active and energetic?

Some people exercise because they want to look better naked. Some people exercise because they are fed up of getting sick regularly. Some people exercise because they aspire to be high performing athletes who excel at certain sports competition.

Personally, I do weight lifting 3 times a week every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Because I have been doing this for 4 years since University, I don't really do much cardio as I used to when I was a little bit overweight.

But the motivating reasons behind why working out has become an automatic habit of mine because I treat it as part of my identity. Meaning, I see exercising as part of my identity. Staying healthy, strong and energetic who I am and thus working out is what I naturally do. I love the feeling whenever I work out and it has a direct positive impact to my mindset, my emotions, my feelings and my level of motivation.

One of the biggest reasons why a lot of people are unable to achieve what they want is because they have low energy and feel tired all the time.

As Jim Rohn taught me, we should all treat our bodies like a temple instead of a woodshed. The mind and body work together and your body need to be a great supporting system to provide the necessary strength, energy, power and vitality for your mind and spirit to take you wherever you want to go. One of the saddest things we can ever experience is when "the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak." That's the last thing you want.

Instead of jumping out of your bed with great enthusiasm, you sleep in and waste another 3 hours of productive hours.

Instead of doing something fun, adventurous and spontaneous in the evening, you drag yourself back home watching mindless TV, eating rubbish food and lying (dying) on a couch.

Instead of influencing people with uplifting inspirations, you become that negative energy-sucker everyone wants to avoid.

These kinds of physical and mental exhaustion are detrimental to your success. But the good news is that you can fix them over time with the right kinds of diets, training programs and consistency.

One thing you can do to boost energy to your brain is to increase the strength of your heart.

The heart pumps blood, oxygen and nutrients to your brain for its optimal functioning so when you have a stronger heart, you have a stronger mind.

An easy and cost-effective way to do so is to do mild-level cardio training. So instead of sprinting like Usain Bolt for short distances or running marathons, all you need is to run a few kilometers 2-3 times a week for 30-45 minutes.

This is how I lost 10 pounds of weight over a year of effort before I started my strength training. This natural slow running not only is going to enlarge the left ventricle of your heart, but it also reduces massive stress because jogging will produce more happy chemicals endorphins and less stress hormone cortisol.

Also, if you want to go deeper, you can combine other raw organic nutritious food and health supplements that support your brain health. There are an increasing number of nootropics that are beneficial to your brain functioning. Of course as always, consult your physician for specific medication advice.


http://ezinearticles.com/?How-To-Boost-Your-Brain-Energy&id=9562640

No comments:

Post a Comment