Celebrate Your Progress, Big or Small

People Toasting Wine Glasses

We are privileged to be alive and with that being said, we should make it a priority to set goals that are SMART and intentionally set out to carry them out. When we accomplish a goal or a task, we need to celebrate our progress.

Give yourself permission to celebrate your achievements which always moves us forward. You have worked hard on your goals, why not give yourself a pat on the shoulder? Each time you achieve a goal, share that special moment with your love ones and family.

When you take time to celebrate your progress, you are empowering yourself to complete more goals. It feels wonderful when you know you have accomplished a goal that seemed too big; yet you did it. It will also create within you a "want to" establish some other dreams you may have.

Achievements that are celebrated will help your self-esteem. You will begin to highlight on those positive moments, big or small... they are yours to own.

As you read this article I hope that you will find the courage to set at least one goal and then work towards the completion of it. I promise you elation will follow because you succeeded in moving on with the goal.

You can become oblivious to what you have succeeded in without giving it much thought. Sometimes it is because we are on auto pilot and other times it is because we expect to achieve the goal. And that is awesome... but do you celebrate the fulfillment of the task?

I have learned through my years that anything that I intentionally accomplish, I will share it with anyone that listens.

At the age of 57 I decided to run a 5K. I had never trained, but it was on my heart to at least give it a try. It took me 59 minutes to finish, but I still felt great because I set out to run it and I did. I trained for one year and at the age of 58 I ran the 5K again. This time it took me 34 minutes. I was elated with joy and the feeling I got when I celebrated my goal.

This may sound small to some but for me I learned to celebrate every step I took to move me forward. From that moment on, I knew whatever I put my hand to, that I would accomplish it and celebrate...

This article is a call to action to purposefully set out to create new goals and then celebrate yourself when you complete it.



http://ezinearticles.com/?Celebrate-Your-Progress,-Big-or-Small&id=9748554

No comments:

Post a Comment