Discover How To Effectively Control Your Anger!

2 Anger Types

For many, anger is difficult to control. However, uncontrolled anger can be very dangerous. Explosive anger is even more difficult to be controlled. Anger is a very normal emotion that everybody handles differently. Everyone experiences anger and it actually has the potential to be healthy. Some use anger as an open door to intense motivation and determination. Some get angry and feel as if their emotion won't change anything and is a waste of time to try, in return, making themselves sad. Some express anger violently towards other people or things around them. Some people even handle anger very calmly and end up harming multiple people. Explosive anger is different, however, from normal anger. Anger builds and has the potential to reach explosive anger, but doesn't start out explosive. Explosive Anger is immediate! It usually results in a violent act quickly done! It may even last hours, becoming a long temper tantrum! Luckily, both anger and explosive anger can be controlled! Here are some ways to help you control your anger and start living a happier, more successful life.

Controlling Your Anger/Temper

Both anger and explosive anger can be controlled! Anger isn't necessarily a bad thing. As mentioned before, anger can be used for motivation and many other positive things. It all depends on how you apply anger to your life. Do you get angry and damage things around you? Or do you get angry and work as hard as you possibly can with no sleep to fix everything and accomplish goals to make the situation either better or irrelevant? There are many methods you can try out to reduce your anger or to transfer your anger into another emotion. Below are a few ways to do both.

Question Yourself

Ask yourself "Why am I even angry in the first place?" Ask yourself "Is the amount of emotion I am feeling even worth it?" Not only will this make you find an answer and see if the situation is, in fact, worth your time or not. But this also allows you to sort of take a timeout. Time-outs aren't just for kids! The entire time you're asking yourself about the situation, you are breathing! Hopefully you're thinking positive thoughts and second guessing your anger. Therefore, after about 15 minutes you aren't as angry and don't have intentions of committing the action you may have when angry. If you are thinking negative thoughts and getting more angry because of the situation, immediately stop! Maybe thinking it is only going to do more harm, instead, try saying it out loud. If that fails to reduce your anger, try writing it! Writing it works wonderfully! It allows you to take your time and write down the situation and what angered you about it. You may find yourself laughing a little at the situation while writing it down. If you have thought it, said it, and wrote it down and are still raging, you may need a legitimate timeout! Go somewhere silent and just relax and try keeping all thoughts out of your head. Just free your mind and enjoy the quiet.

Accept Your Anger

As mentioned before, anger is a perfectly natural emotion! Accept your anger! I'm not suggesting that if you are angry at somebody, to harm them! I am suggesting for you to get somewhere relaxed and let your anger be. If you are viciously angry, get in your room with the door closed and locked and scream a little bit. Control your anger so you're not doing anything you're going to regret later. Hurting someone or yourself is definitely not a good way to tame your anger. If you can accept your anger, you also can transfer your anger into a different emotion. Use your anger as an advantage. When I personally get angry, I get motivated. I'm ready to get things done and get them done now! I use all my energy and put it towards work. I feel much better after and very productive at the same time! I honestly get kind of excited when I get angry, I know I'm about to get a lot of positive productive things done very quickly! On the same note, explosive anger is different then anger. When I experience explosive anger, I usually just take a timeout and think about many life-related topics. I think about wealth, charities, politics, work, school, health, and many other things! I also, most importantly, find my happy place.

Find Your Happy Place

When you get angry, find your happy place. What are you biggest dreams for yourself and your life? Think about them. Think about who you a madly in love with. Think about the time you will spend with them in the future. Personally, when I get angry, I always go to my happy place. My happy place is somewhere warm(like Florida), with my future wife and two kids enjoying every day like its our last. Meanwhile, I'm building my business. I'm building my business and have my two kids here in Indiana right now so it's not my exact dream but all in good time! Regardless, find Your Happy Place and go there! Adults can experiences time-outs and imagination as well, not just children.

Note

These are only a couple ways to reduce your anger or use it to your advantage. Try them all and look for additional sources for even more help and support. Don't give up! Anger can be tamed! It may be a difficult process but try to not let the process itself anger you (joke, but seriously as well)!


https://ezinearticles.com/?Discover-How-To-Effectively-Control-Your-Anger!&id=9100483

No comments:

Post a Comment