How Helping Others Helps You (By Jim Symcox)


There's no doubt that helping people has been my life for many years. Right from the time when I was a programmer at British Aerospace and used to help my friends debug their programs to my business working with Chet Holmes and Tony Robbins as their business coach across the world.

The Huffington Post even reports on research that shows you're happier when you're helping people at work! More research also shows you live longer by contributing to others.

Of course, when I set out on my career I didn't know this research! I just loved to help people, which unfortunately when I started my own business meant I did a lot of work for nothing.

I learned my lesson - no food on the table - pretty quickly. However, that's never stopped me from helping people anyway.

The most exciting thing I found when I'm in the middle of something with other people is when they realize they can do more than they thought. A really lovely factor in coaching.

However, ultimately I realized I was only helping a small fraction of the number of people who could benefit from the knowledge and tools I had. So I wrote a short book (called Leap Ahead of Your Competitors) that was intended to help all the smaller companies with marketing and running a business. Because I wanted the maximum number of people to benefit I used to hand it out for free to those who couldn't afford my coaching but I knew would benefit from its contents.

Then I thought, part of the journey for any entrepreneur or business person is personal growth. A topic that is unseen but makes a huge difference to people, their families and people they know. So I decided to create a Facebook group called Personal Growth Tips to help people with their personal growth. If you'd like to take a peek it's at

Again, I didn't want to charge because my intention is to help as many people as possible to improve their current situations, but more than that I wanted their kids to benefit too. At the same time I know I'm not the fount of all personal growth knowledge! So I wanted to create a community that would help each other and grow together.

So, like I say the group is free to join and I'm looking at everyone who knows me to see who wants to grow and helps others do the same.


https://ezinearticles.com/?How-Helping-Others-Helps-You&id=10069220

No comments:

Post a Comment