10 Limiting Beliefs I'm Done With (And You Should Be, Too)



Lately I've been feeling out of sorts. Not connected, sort of in a daze.
I realized I was holding on to a lot of dead weight. In my business, things launched before they were ready; in my private life, things were left unsaid in relationships; and physically, I couldn’t seem to shake the extra weight.
Well, I'm over it. I'm over worrying about what others will think if I do or don’t do something. I'm over letting critical comments affect me; I'm over a lot of stuff.
I took inventory of my life and realized things weren’t flowing because I was holding onto a lot of extra stuff. Burdens from the past that unknowingly were with me still today.
I was trying to make my dreams come true to cover the open wounds of past regrets. If I became a New York Times best-selling author, then maybe I could forget about the childhood bullies who told me I wasn’t good enough. Or if I reached my goal weight on the scale after years of trying, then maybe I would meet my soul mate and we could dance off into the sunset eating gluten and sugar-free cookies together.
But all of my chasing was my trying to make things happen in order to avoid the sinking feeling that my life is what I make of it. As long as I focused on what I didn’t have, I wasn't able to enjoy my current “real” life.
There's a beautiful lesson in the journey. Over the past few months, a shift has occurred, and instead of looking outside and trying to make things happen, I said, “I’m over it!” I'm done trying to be someone I'm not. Instead, I’ve embraced myself as I am in this moment.
Here are 10 things I am done with, and maybe you should be, too:
1. I’m done with hiding who I am because I'm afraid I won’t fit in.
2. I’m done with second-guessing myself and pretending I care about things I don’t.
3. I’m done with feeling jealous for friends who have what I want; instead, I celebrate their journey.
4. I'm done with thinking I'm not where I should be. I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be.
5. I'm done with feeling insecure. I have a body that's perfect for me at this time in my life.
6. I'm done with trying to prove anything to anyone. The only thing that matters is my relationship with myself. Approval starts with me.
7. I'm done with thinking things I love to eat, like ice cream (with dairy and sugar) are bad for me.
8. I'm done with thinking I need to be perfect to be successful. People will choose real over perfect any day of the week.
9. I'm done with thinking I'll be happy when I reach that next goal. My life is now. I embrace it fully.
10. I'm done with over thinking everything. Sometimes it just is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment