The Big Joke

Woman Lacing Up Her Gray and Pink Nike Low-top Athletic Shoe

All right self-help and self-improvement lovers, here is the joke and punch line in one sentence: We are the cause of our own problems and our own solutions. Now, I am going to take the rest of this article to explain the joke, punch line and position.

Our effects all come from a cause, right? Yes. That cause is within us however we may try to look at it. When we look at effects as stand alone causes without causes, nothing can be solved. When we look at effects, from the standpoint of "we caused them ourselves", something can always genuinely be done to improve the situation.

Today, and every day, I realize that my attitude genuinely makes my reality work or not work. What I mean by this is: Whatever happens with me or to me, my attitude is the currency that gets me through it or holds me back. Sure, we can all "make money" if we really want to through normal efforts. But the 'amazing effort' comes with changing our thoughts and causes genuinely for the better even when all evidence says otherwise. Think about it, anyone can get angry and retaliate, but it takes a strong soul to genuinely think it out and do what is genuinely right at the right time instead of blaming effects. Indeed, the cause is where it is at.

Sometimes, I just want to let out a scream when something goes really wrong or at least complain a bit. Mostly, I just look at the cause and say to myself after the musings or whatever: "This is a slip, not a fall, start over with a little more experience." Now, I am not perfect or ideal by any means, but for the most part, I would rather approach things with this attitude rather than blame effects.

Sometimes, in the spirit of complaint, I talk "angrily" to my Mother about the effects around me "just for the fun of it" without meaning a word of it (and she knows it, and "she in a sounding board way lets me blow off the steam"), but inside I realize the causes and concentrate on them and let the emotions go through me without meaning any genuine thing or affecting me. In reality, I concentrate on the cause and let the "chips of effect" fall where they may. If the effect is bad, I start over, if the effect is good, I continue on with my path. My point is, failure and bad effects are a bad joke, only good effects and realities count. If you are reading this with honest, sincere seriousness, you are ready. If you file it under "The musings of a silly man about real life", you are not ready. Either way, you chose a path. Either way, you get it. One path is longer, and one path is shorter. One path is harder and less successful, one path is easier and more successful. Either way:

"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it."
"If you think you cannot do a thing, or if you think you can, you are right."
Both of the quotes here are generally attributed to automobile industrialist Henry Ford.



http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Big-Joke&id=9789435

No comments:

Post a Comment