Positive Body Image Affirmations


Your body is listening to everything you are thinking, and it believes it. Have you ever heard someone say "Once I stopped obsessing over losing weight, I lost it!". This may sound like a lie or an excuse to boast, but in fact it's probably true. Our bodies are connected completely to our minds. What we think manifests itself in our lives every day. The mind holds much more power than we have been lead to believe, especially when it comes to our bodies. Negative self-talk can lead to a number of health related issues. It can be the root of your body not being able to let go of weight, the cause of fatigue, the reason you have certain cravings, and much more.

I struggled with a loud and negative internal dialogue surrounding food and my body image for many years. Letting go of those thoughts was not easy nor was it an overnight change; but it happened, I let go. The first step in this change was a choice. I made the choice to become a happier and healthier version of myself. The power of that choice led me to seek the tools that would teach me how to start loving my body from the inside out.

While achieving your goals require action, your mindset can be the thing that makes or breaks everything. You can either make it over that hill or slip right back down depending on your thoughts.

I want to share 5 positive body affirmations that I hold dear to my heart, and that helped me manifest a healthier relationship with my body and with food.

1. I love myself exactly the way I am right now.

2. I am grateful for my body and all that it does.

3. I am capable of achieving anything I set my mind to.

4. I am more than the way I look.

5. I am healthy, happy, and at peace with myself.

Say these affirmations to yourself at least once a day. Say them all or choose the ones that resonate with you the most. It may seem silly to you at first, but if you choose to put this into practice I guarantee you will start to feel differently and see a change within yourself. Whether your goal is to lose weight, feel better about yourself, let go of bad habits, or all of the above- changing your internal dialogue will help you get there.


http://ezinearticles.com/?Positive-Body-Image-Affirmations&id=8698170

No comments:

Post a Comment