No Questions, No Doubts, Just Certainty


The fact about controlling yourself is, even if it takes effort, even if it takes affirming a habit, you can certainly do it. In fact, the article title is just an "attention getter", but what the article is about is extraordinarily more relevant than the title. There is not a doubt that controlling yourself through good habits can be achieved, but most people are too lazy to create the good habits, and the bad habits seem more "fun" or tolerable. But, if things were looked at more rationally, the good habits would be genuinely more fun, tolerable and realistic.

Listening to motivational materials on my little electronic player and reading them in print consistently, I realize the fact that bad habits are just tolerated and good habits even if the bad habits are "embedded", the good habits are always genuinely more desirable. I know how that reads or sounds, but, realistically, I can say this: Everybody ultimately wants to do what is good for them or enjoyable, and it does not matter how long or "embedded" the bad habits seem to be.

For example, I was on the bus with a long time smoker the other day who offered me a cigarette and asked for a lighter, and I said (honestly) that I do not smoke. He seemed to admire me and even implied through his actions that he wanted to stop smoking. Smoking and not smoking are the best and most dramatic examples I can use for the phenomena I am writing about when it comes to habits, good and bad.

Look, all good habits are is an affirmation of the good that becomes a good habit. All bad habits are is an affirmation of the bad that gets "embedded" until it is changed. That is it. Reality is controllable. Reality is malleable. If you find yourself with a bad habit, it is your own fault. If you have a good habit, it is your own virtue.

I over simplify all of this for a very good reason. I want to show you without a doubt that you are ultimately in control of your own mind and all that works within it. But, I cannot totally show you that, you must take action to completely show yourself that fact. Showing yourself what really works is the only real certainty there is, I can only point like an example pointer. That is it.


http://ezinearticles.com/?No-Questions,-No-Doubts,-Just-Certainty&id=9061021

No comments:

Post a Comment