Does My Mentality Limit My Success

As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he - Proverbs 23:7

Some have said success is a mental thing. To the extent that it is virtually impossible to be a real success with a failure mentality that is true. But just how important is mentality to success? Can you really "Think and Grow Rich" like Napoleon Hill wrote in his world-famous book?

It is impossible to separate what we are in our core from what we believe about ourselves. We may say things that are different than what we believe but we cannot think things that are different than our beliefs. If you believe you can, you can; if you believe you can't, you can't. What you believe you will achieve in this lifetime.

Anytime a person sets out on a journey to become successful in any endeavor the first thing they must accept is the dream they have about being a success. They think they can do something; they imagine themselves doing it and soon their actions reflect what they have been thinking all along. Actions follow thought and when it comes to becoming a success actions follow intentional thought.

Success starts with a dream. We see in our minds eye an event or circumstance that involves what we are hoping for. I remember as a young man wanting to own a home. Didn't think it was possible. Then the building we were living in went up for sale and I was going to have to move soon. That prompted me to stop and consider what purchasing a home would entail. When I looked at the programs available for first time homebuyers, the cash involved (which I could have to close the deal) and the process it would take. I went over the idea with my wife and she jumped on board.

The process of (1) never thought about it (2) now I am thinking about it (3) how do I make this dream a reality is the thought process people who are now successful had to go through. Every great project begins with a dream. If you can see it, you can have it. But when it's out of mind it will remain out of sight. The goal of becoming successful is to utilize the concepts of visualization, repetition and faith in your ability to accomplish anything you set your mind to do.

It's not the man with skills or intellect or experience that ultimately wins; it's the man who thinks he can, regardless of the obstacles and difficulties he must endure to get there.


https://ezinearticles.com/?Does-My-Mentality-Limit-My-Success&id=10357978

No comments:

Post a Comment