Keep Your Wits!

Realistically, some of the worst things on earth can turn into the best. For some, that may seem to be a stupid and insensitive thing to say, but, life is as good as we make it though in that aspect of perception, however we want it to be an outside job. Opportunity can come in the form of a problem, and really come in the form of a seemingly bad problem. So, I can only humbly give this advice: Keep your wits. Keep your wits, because, realities that are great problems can become great solutions if we are calm and solution oriented.

I think sometimes about the fact that life "throws curve balls, screw balls, and everything else" to use baseball terms. We always have to swing smartly at them, and even when a few misses and strikes happen, we must keep "working the bat until it connects with the ball".

Indeed, quitting the game is never the answer, but, approaching it differently always is.

I am only human, I get discouraged like anyone, but the difference is that I keep my wits about me, and try again later, regardless of the past, regardless of what others think of my failure, regardless of the "snap judgements of anyone". That is the only difference in character I have, really. Other than that, I am just another human being who rolls with the punches and blows.

However "bloody" life and existence gets, if you lose your wits, you really have lost everything, but if you keep your wits, you can achieve everything and anything eventually.

Writing and speaking truth to power and reality I can honestly say that happiness is always an inside job of perception, "stuff", material gains and simple "getting" does not make happiness, it is genuinely generated from within.

Reality is something we should not resist, but at the same time, it should not run us over and take us down. The ultimate weakness is losing ourselves in pity. The ultimate strength is being good to ourselves especially strongly, that is the ultimate keeping of wits, being good to ourselves first in life and existence, being the best for ourselves and heroes to ourselves for starters. The rest will add itself as we get it right within ourselves.

I remember when my Dad said, "The best thing you can be is honest, that is the golden gift to give people." My Dad may not have been the most "romantic" or "show-oriented" man in the world, but he was right about that at the very least.


https://ezinearticles.com/?Keep-Your-Wits!&id=10217614

No comments:

Post a Comment