Practice! Picture! Pull Off!



We all want to do "it". What I mean by doing "it" is achieving what we genuinely want in life and existence. We all want to be master players in our game, not spectators outside the stadium, or could-have-been types, even. Indeed, to become a winner and do "it" something is needed: persistence, perseverance, practice, picture, pull off! Call it all what you want. I consider all those qualities needed, though, if anything will be achieved. I am not just writing from opinion, I am writing about a reality I genuinely understand here.

A quote I always quote somehow in many of my articles is the 1972 Olympian Mark Spitz quote about "We all want to win, but who loves to train?" Loving to train as well as win is the life secret of anyone who "makes it" or makes it to where they want to go.

I, in this article am going to leave some thoughts seemingly incomplete to give you room to think and be creative in your thinking about how the realities of this article apply to you. (As you can already tell.) Call it "audience participation", but as philosopher Soren Kierkregard and William Clement Stone paraphrasing him once said, "Sure, when you read a book or article and get something out of it, that is it. But, when a book reads you well, that is when you really get something out of it. That is the idea I have here, I want to go beyond that, I want you to read yourself extra well. Professor Xavier in the X-Men was right when he told Logan the Wolverine, "Read your own mind and thoughts, that is where you will find your greatest insights." That is also what I am telling you, practice your success before it happens, picture your success before it happens, and use your insights to pull it off wonderfully when the success happens. Genuine understanding of yourself is the best insight you can have in life. So, stop, think, analyze yourself! You have your answers within you. They sure are not outside of you in any way.

Realistically, our expectations are realistic when we are genuinely honest with ourselves. So, I end with words from the Song of Solomon modernized: "As a person thinks in their hearts, so are they!" How much simpler can I end? We are what we think about to the tune of Earl Nightingale and reality.



No comments:

Post a Comment